Root Canal Treatment
Are you looking for top root canal treatment in the Bayside? Corbin Dental is your solution. Our team of experienced dentists will ensure that your root canal is performed quickly, efficiently and with the utmost care.
What is a root canal?
A root canal is a treatment used to repair and save a tooth that is badly decayed or becomes infected. During a root canal procedure, the nerve and pulp are removed from the tooth, and the inside of the tooth is cleaned and sealed.
Why do I need a root canal?
You may need a root canal if the nerve of your tooth becomes damaged or infected. This can happen because of:
- Decay – When plaque and tartar are not removed from your teeth, they begin to decay. Over time, the decay can spread to the nerve, causing damage.
- Injury – If you have an injury to your tooth, it may damage the nerve.
- Cracks or chips – If your tooth cracks or chips, it may allow bacteria to enter the nerve, causing an infection.
What are the benefits of a root canal?
Root canals are often necessary when a tooth has become severely infected, and they can help to prevent the spread of infection to other teeth. Additionally, root canals can help to relieve pain and restore chewing function. In many cases, a root canal is the best way to save a damaged or infected tooth. With proper care, a tooth that has been treated with a root canal can last for many years.
A root canal can save your tooth and help you avoid:
- An expensive dental implant.
- A costly dental bridge.
- Orthodontic treatment to fill the gaps left by missing teeth.
What can I expect during a root canal?
During a root canal, you can expect:
- Local anesthesia to numb the area around the tooth.
- Sedation, if needed, to help you relax.
- A small hole is drilled in the tooth to access the nerve.
- The removal of the nerve and pulp.
- The cleaning and sealing of the tooth.
You can usually expect the procedure to be completed in one or two visits, depending on the severity of the issue. In some cases, a crown may be placed on the tooth to protect it from further damage.
If you think you may need a root canal, contact Corbin Dental today to schedule an appointment. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have and help you get the treatment you need.
DISCOVER YOUR BEST SMILE
Book Your Appointment Today
Corbin Dental in Bayside and Oyster Bay are a family owned and operated Bayside and Oyster Bay dentist offices for patients of all ages. Our team is committed to improving smiles through patient-focused comprehensive dentistry.