Do you have poor oral health because you have been avoiding the dentist for years?
Dental sedation has opened the doors for many patients who suffer from dental anxiety and a fear of the dentist. Corbin Dental offers sedation dentistry for anxious patients to enable them to receive the dental care they need or desire while feeling relaxed and stress-free.
Am I a candidate for dental sedation?
Dental sedation can successfully help patients with a range of fears and concerns to feel comfortable again in the dentist chair. Your Corbin dentist will discuss your personal concerns and your medical history when recommending the use of sedation to ensure a safe and effective solution.
- Previous traumatic dental experiences
- Difficulty getting numb with a local anesthetic
- A bad gag reflex
- Very sensitive teeth
- Limited time to complete their dental care
- Complex dental problems
- A fear of needles and shots
- An aversion to the noises, smells, and tastes associated with dental care
Dental Sedation: What are the options?
Dental sedation is commonly used as conscious sedation. This means that you are alert and responsive during treatment while simultaneously feeling relaxed and stress-free. There are various methods and levels of sedation and we will recommend the most suitable option for your needs. Our dentists are highly trained in the administration of sedation and ensure your safety during treatment.
- Oral conscious sedation: your dentist can prescribe an oral sedative, often taken at home before your appointment. This type of sedation will require you to arrange for transportation and an escort to and from your appointment.
- Nitrous Oxide: also called “laughing gas”, nitrous oxide is an odorless gas administered using a tiny cannula placed beneath the nose. One of the benefits of Nitrous Oxide is its ability to take effect and wear off almost immediately.
If you suffer from dental anxiety and fear, schedule a visit to one of our three locations serving Bayside, Jackson Heights and Oyster Bay, NY. Our dental team will discuss your concerns and work with you to ensure that you feel comfortable and relaxed while receiving the dental care you need or desire.