Corbin Dental is committed to the oral health needs and goals of all patients, regardless of age. Our two dental office locations in the New York area and Long Island provide comprehensive family dentistry and the convenience of complete dental care under one roof. From routine preventive care to advanced solutions for your cosmetic and restorative needs, our dental team is equipped to provide the highest standard of care.
Children’s Dental Care: Supporting Healthy Growing Smiles
A lifetime of good oral health and wellness begins with early dental care and the establishment of a good daily oral hygiene routine. Taking care of the teeth and gums of your child will support their oral health development, and help them enjoy a smile that gives them confidence for years to come. Corbin Dental strives to be a partner in your family’s healthcare with personalized dentistry performed in a caring, compassionate environment. We have been providing high-quality dental care for children for over 75 years.
We offer a full range of children’s dental services which can include:
- Dental cleanings and exams
- Screenings for tooth decay, gum disease and any signs of oral health or oral development concerns
- Orthodontic screenings
- Dental sealants
- Custom mouthguards for sports
- Wisdom tooth extractions and monitoring
- Tooth extractions
- Short-term Orthodontics
When should I bring my child to the dentist?
A young child should come in for an initial dental care visit after the first primary tooth has erupted, or at least by their first birthday. Early visits to our family dental office familiarize your child with the environment and the experience of having their teeth examined and cleaned. Our team works with growing children to educate them on the value of their oral health and how to maintain it, providing age-appropriate hygiene advice.
Are baby teeth important?
Your child’s baby, or primary teeth, play several important roles in their overall health and development. Just because they fall out when their primary teeth come in does not mean they take less importance.
- Speech development: the primary teeth play a significant role in the development of your child’s speech. If teeth are damaged or lost this can impact your child’s ability to develop normal speech patterns as they grow.
- Good nutrition: stable baby teeth allow your child to easily eat a variety of foods, supporting good nutrition.
- Placeholders: primary teeth are the placeholders for permanent teeth. Keeping them healthy and in place allows for the normal, healthy development of the permanent teeth and your child’s smile.